Monday, October 6, 2014

more, More, MORE!!

Coming up with an idea for this project took a little longer than the others. At first I just thought of doing a lot of something and then documenting what I did. I couldn't think of something that would be fun to do so I abandoned that idea. I started brainstorming about the word "more" and how it could be used differently but eventually got bored and gave up on that as well. My final idea was to take one of my old completed pieces and do something more to it. This is what I came up with.

This is the first iteration of what I did to the original.The original piece was a contour drawing of an old, rusted metal coil. I wanted to make the picture seem somewhat dirty and rust colored, so I settled with this color scheme.
For this version I simply inverted the color scheme from the original version and enhanced the color contrast a little bit. I liked the neon effect that the coil had so I decided to include it.



Original

No comments:

Post a Comment