Monday, October 13, 2014

The Sight of Taste

For this exercise the class was tasked with tasting a brand new food that we had never tasted before. I had a hard time thinking of a food or dish that I had never eaten or tasted. I thought about finding some restaurant downtown that served Indian or Middle Eastern food but did not want to spend the money. I then wondered if I could make one of the dishes myself and ran into a similar problem. Along with seriously doubting my cooking skills for a foreign food that I had never cooked, or even tasted, before.

I lucked out when I came home from work today to find that my mom had made a new dessert that I had never tried before; pumpkin and apple bread pudding. Since it is fall she decided to make a dessert that reflected the time of year. I had never tried bread pudding before so I was fairly eager to give it a try, especially after smelling it.

The dessert tasted almost as good as it smelled. It was sweet and had a strong cinnamon flavor. The pumpkin and apple spices really helped me to get into the fall season. The overwhelming taste that I had while eating the bread pudding was of a spicy sweetness. My entire family loved it as well.

Here is my visual representation of what I tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment