Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Final Take Away

When I was picking classes for fall last spring I came to a crossroad about what class to take for my elective. On one hand I had a drawing class at Herron, something that I love doing, and on the other hand, I had this strange class that had no real definition. Many of my friends and class mates that had taken it talked very highly of it and said it was a great class if you didn't want anything too heavy (some even said it was a good class to "blow off" but I won't say who) so I decided to take a shot and go for the crazy class. I already knew how to draw anyway.

The first few weeks of the class were some what normal to say the least. I have taken courses in high school with teachers that have preached unique outlooks on creativity so it is not something new to me. What really impressed me about the class wasn't the idea of trying to look at different things in a new perspective, but how the class would become engaged in discussion. Students would speak their mind whenever they felt. Seeing how the class opened up and was willing to help one another was a great experience. I learned that seeing creativity through the eyes of others is the answer to "learning creativity".

Taking this course turned out to be a great idea. If I had the chance to take it again you can bet that I would. Not only did it prove to be a decent distraction from my school work (portfolios, projects, exams, all of that fun stuff) but I also learned a decent amount about myself and others. I don't think you can ask for much for than that. I would strongly recommend taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment