Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Life and Death

All of the fear projects presented had their own special flavor about them, their own bit that made them unique. Among all of the projects, one stood out to me in particular was the short film about death. Not only was the film interesting, but it also got the class into a heavy discussion about death and its implications. Looking back, I actually think that his presentation, discussion and all, was the longest out of all four days. Picking this fear assignment was a no-brainer.

The video itself was probably the main reason for the lengthy conversation the ensued. Images shown during the short film were of rotting corpses, gravestones, and skulls. The entire film was black and white and had eerie music to accompany it. These images produced strong emotions throughout the class room. For me personally, it made me think of the frailty of anything that lives. I did not see it as something negative rather, it was a reminder of what happens to everything that is.

I do not believe that it affected my creativity other than helping reinforce my current beliefs. I think that I have a fairly healthy outlook on death, so it is not something that I dwell on. It did give me some cool ideas for some zombie creature designs however.

No comments:

Post a Comment